- In our first communication with prospective landowners, we send a package that includes a variety of information about our company and a copy of our standard option and lease agreement.
- PNE WIND USA organizes meetings with landowners to educate and inform the community about wind energy. This provides a forum to discuss the possibility of a wind farm and consider the options and leases.
- We compare our readings with historical data in order to make long-term estimates of wind speeds and calculate expected energy production at the site using several parameters, including atmospheric pressure.
- We measure the wind using meteorological towers in order to determine wind speed and direction.
Operating the Wind Farm 25+ years
- The wind farm is a long-term investment. The operator is managing the assets and production ensuring that equipment operates at peak efficiency. Covering less than two percent of the total project area, access roads and turbines occupy a minimal amount of space and allow agricultural and other land use for landowners.